Incomplete Idiot

"I've heard someone say that our problems aren't the problem; it's our solutions that are the problem. That tends to be one thing that goes wrong for me — my solutions." - Anne Lamott

Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

I am currently the Logistics Coordinator for MCYM/Club Beyond Europe (my missions agency is Young Life, just to be confusing). :0) I have traveled to many parts of this world, but I'm not as well-traveled as I would like to be some day. I have had more jobs than I can count, and my list of interests grows everyday. I take seriously Paul's urging to be "all things to all people". Mostly, I am interested in being a friend to all the folks I have been blessed to meet, because I am discovering (slowly) that it is not all about me.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Down, set, hut, hut, hut...

Thursday night the Evans High women faculty got their revenge on this year's senior girls. After getting whooped in an extremely scrappy faculty/student basketball game this winter, we came back with a vengeance for senior week frivolity in the Powder Puff football game. I had a whole career in a 40 minute game. In the first half, I caught a glorious Hail Mary pass which I ran into the end zone for a touchdown. I also had a pretty darn amazing (for me that is) interception which I ran for a few yards before getting "tackled" ( this is flag football) by much faster, and younger, opponents. In addition to these career highlights, I also managed to give myself a black eye by running into my own quarterback. I followed up this swift move with a fumble onto which I quickly, and may I add painfully, belly-flopped. Some other notable performances were CC Armstrong's two touchdown catches under heavy coverage, Claudia Mahaffie's center sneak into the end zone, and Teresa Davis' incredible athletic prowess as our quarterback and our best flag tackler. She single-handedly saved the game by "tackling" the same girl three plays in a row.

I have several other mysterious bruises which are making themselves known, but I am proud of our 20-14 victory and the lumps we all took for the team. The faculty women were by far the more injured of the two teams, but I feel we won because we really, really wanted it. That, and losing to perky 18 year-olds is just not something that should happen twice in one school year.




CC and me at the Powder Puff game


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

O how I wish I could have been there! Though your description of the event creates such vivid pictures in my mind I feel in fact I was there. You should right books Maslyn!

Jamie

8:07 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

You are such a tough girl! I love it. So sad I missed you in action. Although the picture is great, I'm so glad I got to see your wound in person.

By the way, welcome to BlogWorld! It looks great!

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home