Incomplete Idiot

"I've heard someone say that our problems aren't the problem; it's our solutions that are the problem. That tends to be one thing that goes wrong for me — my solutions." - Anne Lamott

Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

I am currently the Logistics Coordinator for MCYM/Club Beyond Europe (my missions agency is Young Life, just to be confusing). :0) I have traveled to many parts of this world, but I'm not as well-traveled as I would like to be some day. I have had more jobs than I can count, and my list of interests grows everyday. I take seriously Paul's urging to be "all things to all people". Mostly, I am interested in being a friend to all the folks I have been blessed to meet, because I am discovering (slowly) that it is not all about me.

Monday, April 09, 2007

12, 703





I guess I've been feeling a bit cannibalistic lately...I'm going to steal a bit of thunder from my friend Julie's blog to let you in on how the Cooper River Bridge Run went this year. I'm a little put off by the fact that Julie and I finished at exactly the same chip time, and yet I placed three whole slots behind her in the standings. This same phenomena happened when I finished the Kiawah 1/2 Marathon with my friend Veronica in December - what is the deal? I guess I can find consolation in that "the first shall be last". The race day conditions could not have been better. No wind, no blazing sun, 74 degrees, and no strollers all combined to give this year's race a much more pleasant feel. In addition to all that pleasantness, I also managed to train for this one! (Kristin, I'm just sorry I couldn't have lessened the blow to your running reputation with a similar time last year:)).

I'm currently attempting to find motivation to train for the Nashville Country Music 1/2 Marathon coming up April 28th. Part of my motivation now is that I recently lost my Uncle/Godfather George and a good friend, Dennis, from Colorado to cancer. I am raising money for The American Cancer Society for the race and will donate any proceeds in their memory. I did get to see my uncle at his home in New Jersey the Thursday before he died. While it was sad, it was good to be there and to be with my aunt and cousins as well. On a strange note, today I received a birthday card from Dennis' wife, Jeanne, written two days before Dennis passed away. Both Dennis and Jeanne were bright lights during my time in Colorado. I know Dennis will be greatly missed. I would covet your prayers for both my friends in Colorado and my family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home